10 Month Maternity Cover
The Account Director is the client lead within the agency, responsible for the planning and direction of client accounts. The Account Director is a strategic, long and medium-term thinker focused on spotting opportunities for clients and new business across all Paid, Owned and Earned departments. They understand and manage the commercial impact of decisions, working closely with senior colleagues in the Commercial Team and the Board where needed.
The Account Director works collaboratively both within the agency and externally with clients and strategic partners. Day to day they co-ordinate the flow of client work and work with operational team heads to co-ordinate the resource required to deliver that work to the highest possible standard, as efficiently as possible. The Account Director successfully balances the client’s requirements and expectations with the internal resources available.
Account Directors report to the Group Account Director and proactively feedback to the COO on client progress and challenges, and the Finance Director when discussing client profitability and billing processes.
Internal: Commercial team colleagues including new business, all members of Paid, Owned and Earned operational teams but particularly team heads, as well as HR and Finance.
External: The client marketing team with a focus on the senior client contact(s), client procurement teams, other agencies within a client’s roster, strategic agency partners including key suppliers.
- Lead client accounts within the agency, with overall responsibility for the client-agency relationship
- Ensure the profitability and growth/development of client accounts
- Opportunity spotting on clients’ behalf, drawing from internal and external resources to do so, including the Innovations team and media partners
- Take the lead on client forecasting. Work alongside senior channel specialists to provide clients with annual forecasts where required
- Ensure the whole client team is aware of agreed client commercials and works to these
- Monitor client spend and resource alongside agreed terms and financial information such as credit insurance
- Write and negotiate contracts and fees with marketing directors and client procurement personnel, with support from GAD and COO
- Write proposals and agree costs for client projects and quotes with internal team heads
- Inspire and motivate the full client agency team of channel specialists
- Support operational Team Heads in ensuring their teams are meeting client SLAs, proactively managing client expectations and maintaining profitability
- Monitor performance across your client portfolio to opportunity spot as well as preempt any challenging conversations.
- Provide an experienced opinion on client performance in the context of agreed targets, both external (results) and internal (GP)
- Challenge client teams to ensure performance reporting always;
- Is Insightful
- Includes recommended Actions and next steps/opportunities
- Communicates to the client the positive impact on their business
- Provide feedback on results analysis ahead of key client meetings and attend meetings when required, for example, quarterly or annual review meetings
- Lead the presentation of advanced, paid-for analysis projects such as audience profiling or attribution
- Work with team heads across Paid, Owned and Earned departments to interrogate client briefs
- Work with new business to identify, develop and convert opportunities with both existing and potential clients
- Lead pitches with support and direction from new business. The AD is responsible for the design of the overall strategy, compiling and presenting our response to the brief
- Contribute to the equimedia blog and promotion of equimedia content across own social media platforms
- Lead and develop positive relationships with clients’ other agencies
Continued professional development
equimedia is committed to providing CPD for the role holder. We expect the role holder to undertake available training courses and independent research to enhance personal knowledge, skills and experience.
Key skills and qualities we are looking for include:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about their clients’ businesses, competitor sets, USPs and key market trends
Interested in “what’s new” in digital and able to proactively discuss relevant opportunities with clients
- Passionate in pursuing own learning and development
- Naturally inquisitive and able to positively challenge results data and proposals
- Focused on adding value
- A confident presenter, to all levels and in different environments;
- Client meetings
- To the senior equimedia team
- At equimedia events
- Able to adapt their communication style to suit different audiences
A good listener and able to react appropriately and sensitively
Aware of equimedia’s competitors and the agency landscape
Always looking for ways of working more efficiently and effectively
- A highly compelling influencer;
- Takes charge when necessary, is decisive and builds support for difficult decisions
- Able to explain and resolve internal and client challenges
- Able to take the lead, and a good manager of people;
- Inspires others
- Shares credit yet shoulders negative client feedback
- Sets the example for the complete client team and maintains high standards
- Able to deliver negative feedback sensitively and in a timely fashion and work with team to identify how things could be better
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance – starting with 22.5 days per annum plus Bank Holidays increasing each year up to 28.5 days
- Holiday buy/sell policy
- Company Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 5% discount for the business park nursery
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Continuous Training and Development Programmes / Members of IPA
- Free Tea, Proper Coffee, Biscuits and Fruit Every Day
- Stupendous Christmas Party
- Periodic Team Bonding Nights out on the Town, on the Company
- £25, net, per month contribution to Gym Membership
- Free Parking
Please send us your c.v. (resume) and a covering letter explaining why you'd be perfect for this role.